We all worry about ensuring that our loved ones are properly looked after when we’re gone. For as little as £5 a month, the RIAS Over 50s Life Plan, provided by our sister company Ageas Protect, can help you leave behind a legacy that can be used however you choose; to be shared among your family, to pay for your funeral or to support a charity. We’ll even give you £35 in M&S vouchers* if you take out a policy. We won’t ask any questions about your health, contact your GP or ask you to take a medical – if you’re aged 50 - 75 we can guarantee you’ll be accepted.
When you take out a life insurance plan with RIAS, you can expect:
- Guaranteed acceptance for customers aged between 50 - 75 and living in the UK, with no medical or health questions
- Choice of low monthly premiums from £5 - £50
- No payments after your 90th birthday, but cover will continue for the rest of your life
- Option to increase your annual fixed cash sum to keep pace with inflation
- Three times the value of the cash sum to be paid out if you die as a result of an accident within two years of taking out the policy**
- One and a half times the premium to be paid out if you die for any other reason in the first two years
Get 10% extra with the funeral benefit option
You also have the opportunity as part of the RIAS Over 50s Life Plan to select our funeral benefit option. This allows you to leave behind a cash lump sum specifically for your funeral. RIAS have teamed up with Dignity, one of the UK’s leading providers of funeral services, to provide you with this option. In addition, Dignity will provide an extra 10% on top of your lump sum free of charge. You can find out more about this option by downloading our funeral benefit leaflet.
What you also need to know:
- The plan has no cash-in value– if you stop paying the premiums your cover will stop and you will not receive the cash lump sum.
- If you die from natural causes in the first two years of your plan your family may only get back what you’ve paid in, plus half as much again.
- Depending how long you live, you may end up paying in more than is paid out when you die.
- The index-linking option protects your cash sum against inflation – otherwise your cover could be worth less in the future.
- All benefits paid out under the plan are currently free of income or capital gains tax, but may be subject to inheritance tax, depending on the inheritance tax threshold upon your death.
Find out more
To find out more about RIAS Over 50s Life Plan, take a look at our 10-step guide or download our policy documentation. If you’re interested in taking out a life insurance policy with RIAS, call us today on 0800 183 0743.
* FREE gift for each customer once they’ve taken out a plan and made three monthly premium payments.
** A full explanation of how RIAS define ‘accidental death’ can be found in the plan details which is included in the policy pack we send once a policy has been started.