We all worry about ensuring that our loved ones are properly looked after when we’re gone. For as little as £5 a month***, the RIAS Over 50s Life Plan, can help you leave behind a legacy that can be used however you choose; to be shared among your family, to pay for your funeral or to support a charity. We’ll even give you £75 in M&S vouchers* if you take out a policy.
When you take out a life insurance plan with RIAS, you can expect:
- Guaranteed acceptance for customers aged between 50 - 75 and living in the UK, with no medical or health questions
- Choice of low monthly premiums from £5 - £50***
- No payments after your 90th birthday, but cover will continue for the rest of your life
- Option to increase your annual fixed cash sum to keep pace with inflation
- You will also have use of the Best Doctors medical advice service, whenever you and your immediate family need it
- Three times the value of the cash sum to be paid out if you die as a result of an accident within two years of taking out the policy**
- One and a half times the premium to be paid out if you die for any other reason in the first two years
Get 10% extra with the funeral benefit option
As part of the RIAS Over 50s Life Plan you will also be given the opportunity to select our funeral benefit option. So you can leave behind a cash lump sum specifically for your funeral. RIAS have teamed up with Dignity, one of the UK’s leading providers of funeral services, to provide you with this option. Dignity will also provide an extra 10% on top of your lump sum free of charge. You can find out more about this option by downloading our funeral benefit leaflet.
FREE access to Best Doctors service
With your Over 50s Life Plan you also have access to Best Doctors – a medical service that offers you a second opinion from world leading experts on the diagnosis and treatment of a serious, chronic or worrying illness. This service is completely independent from your Over 50s Life Plan with AIG Life Limited and is a non-contractual benefit at no cost to you.
Take a look at the Best Doctors leaflet for more information including the incredible story of Steve, a real Best Doctors case study where Best Doctors reviewed Steve’s illness and, working with his own doctor, saved his life.
You can also watch the short information video to see how the Best Doctors service could help you:
Dealing with medical issues can be one of the most difficult and frustrating situations to face. Once you’ve been diagnosed with a condition and you’ve received your treatment recommendations, important decisions have to be made. You might wonder if you’ve obtained all the right information and whether you’ve explored all your options.
• Is my diagnosis correct?
• What are the best treatment alternatives?
• Is surgery my only option?
In these times of un-certainty Best Doctors is there to help. We connect people coping with worrying medical conditions to the opinions and expertise of world class specialists so that you come to well informed decisions regarding your health.
How does it work?
The confidential process starts the moment you call Best Doctors. A nurse from our medical team performs an intake interview and collects all of your relevant medical details helping you to formulate the questions you want to ask to the specialist. The Best Doctors team supports you throughout the whole process.
With this information Best Doctors collects all of your medical files and tests and then selects the international world class specialist from our network that is best suited to review your case.
The specialist carries out a thorough review of your medical information and creates a comprehensive report to review the diagnosis. Furthermore, he will come up with suggestions for the best possible treatment and will answer all your questions.
The Best Doctors nurse calls you to go over the findings in depth before sending you the report in English. We encourage you to share the information with your current treating doctor to discuss the next steps at hand.
Best Doctors will be available at all times for any questions that may arise after reading your report with your treating doctor.
When it comes to your health you need certainty and re-assurance and Best Doctors is here to support you.
Would you like to know more about Best Doctors? Please contact us.
What you also need to know:
- The plan has no cash-in value– if you stop paying the premiums your cover will stop and you will not receive the cash lump sum.
- If you die from natural causes in the first two years of your plan your family may only get back what you’ve paid in, plus half as much again.
- Depending how long you live, you may end up paying in more than is paid out when you die.
- The index-linking option protects your cash sum against inflation – otherwise your cover could be worth less in the future.
- All benefits paid out under the plan are currently free of income or capital gains tax, but may be subject to inheritance tax, depending on the inheritance tax threshold upon your death.