There are a few simple steps when you make a home insurance claim:
Please call us on 0345 122 3281.
Our claims team will ask you for full details of the incident and confirm if you're covered. If your claim can be settled over the phone, payment will be sent you within five working days.
If your claim can't be settled over the phone, it may be because:
The claims team need more information from you:
- If you choose to use your own contractor, all our claims team need is a written estimate confirming the cause of the damage.
- Once you have this, please call our team back to see if they can settle your claim over the phone, or need to have the estimate sent to them.
Please also read our tips on what to have to hand before you call.
Or, a loss adjuster or an approved supplier is required and will arrange to meet you. If so, they will:
- Contact you within two hours of receiving instruction from the claims team.
- Arrange an onsite inspection or collection of the damaged property, in most cases within three working days of contacting you.
- Give our claims team written confirmation of the outcome within three days of the inspection.