Save time and register your claim online.
If you need to make a claim on your insurance policy, you'll benefit from access to a UK-based claims service designed to ease you through the process and make sure you have peace of mind in such difficult circumstances.
To know exactly what you're covered for, read our policy documents.
Alternatively, you can use the methods below. Please be aware that we are currently experiencing long call waiting times.
We’re dedicated to making sure that our insurance gives you total peace of mind. That's why you have access to a 24/7 UK-based claims service, who will deal with your claim as quickly as they can.
To make a claim please call us on one of the following numbers, depending on your circumstances:
For car insurance claims in the UK call 0345 125 6850.
For car insurance claims in the EU call +44124 271 5924.
For Windscreen claims call 0345 125 6862.
If you’ve added optional extras onto your car insurance policy, there are a variety of numbers:
Please call 0345 841 0019.
If your policy is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited call 0345 604 1034.
If your policy is provided by Axa Assistance Limited call 0345 166 6355.
If your policy is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited call 0800 183 5464.
If your policy is provided by Axa Assistance Limited call 0345 164 0898.
If your policy is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited call 0345 415 0483.
If your policy is provided by Axa Assistance Limited call 0345 164 0896 or you can make a claim 24/7 using our online portal - Online Claims Portal .
If your policy is provided by Call Assist call 01206 812 711. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If your policy is provided by RAC call 0345 168 5584. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When you make a car insurance claim there are a number of steps that will happen:
Please call us on the relevant number above.
Our claims team will ask you for full details of the incident and then tell you the next steps.
Our claims team will liaise with the relevant insurers, as well as sort out car hire and personal injury specialists if required.
Your claim will be settled. If you have excess protection and you've paid the excess, which can’t be recovered by a third party, you can claim back up to £300. To do this, call Auxillis Limited, formerly known as Albany Assistance Limited, see Excess Protection phone number.
Before you call our car insurance claims team, try to have the following to hand if you can:
- Your car insurance certificate
- Your car registration number – if you’re at the scene of the incident and don’t have your car insurance certificate to hand
Please also have details of the accident to hand, including:
- full details of the other driver
- injuries caused
- property damage
- witnesses – if there are any
- police officers and report reference numbers
- full details of the incident
Our top tips for making a car insurance claim:
- If you own the vehicle, always give your name and address, those of your insurer and your car insurance policy number to anyone who needs it and has good reason to ask for it.
- Make sure you report the accident to the police within 24 hours if there are any injuries and the details weren’t given at the scene.
- Read your policy documents to see if you can use your optional cover included in your policy.
- Make sure you don’t apologise for an accident, even if you feel it was your fault. It’s really important to not do this as you may not be legally liable for the accident and you could affect your insurer’s ability to act on your behalf if you admit fault, even in passing. It could also affect your No Claims Discount.