No matter how much we take care of our homes, there are some things we just can’t control, such as storms, flooding and theft, which can really disrupt your life, and end up costing you a fortune.
Our buildings insurance is designed to protect you from the cost of repairs or rebuilding, if your home is damaged by something you're insured for.
What does our buildings insurance cover?
Our buildings insurance covers the following as standard:
- The structure of your property
- Fixtures and fittings
- Greenhouses and outbuildings
- Garden walls and gates
- Drives and patios.
You can cover your furniture and other possessions with our buildings insurance policy.
What events does our buildings insurance cover?
With our buildings insurance, you'll be covered for:
- Lightning, explosions and earthquakes
- Fire and smoke
- Impact from vehicles
- Falling trees, lampposts, aerials and telegraph poles
- Storms and floods
- Water or oil leakage
- Theft or attempted theft.
Are there any optional extras?
You can add a range of optional extras to your buildings insurance, tailored to you:
- Home protection – includes 24/7 assistance for issues, such as drainage and plumbing problems, pest infestations, electrical failures and as much as £250 for emergency overnight accommodation
- Garden secure – added protection up to £750 for your garden, including damage to walls, gates, fences and patios. It will also cover loss due to theft, storms, floods, fires, wild animals, malicious damage and falling trees or masonry
- Personal legal protection – negotiations can be carried out on your behalf for contract disputes, personal injury and death disputes
- Key protection – up to £1,500 if your home, vehicle or office keys are lost or stolen, including lock and key replacements. It also covers the cost of onward transportation if your car keys are lost.
Terms and conditions apply. You can find full details in our policy documents.