Or call our UK-based special advisors

0800 561 0711

Lines are open:
8.30am - 8pm Mon - Fri
8.30am - 4pm Saturday

Need to make a claim?

Your 24/7 UK-based claims team is ready to help you.

Read more

For the seventh year running we have been awarded the highest 5 Star Rating by independent financial researcher Defaqto, for our excellent cover and benefits.

Home insurance FAQs

Read our most frequently asked home insurance questions. 

Read more

Buildings insurance

No matter how much we take care of our homes, there are some things we just can’t control. From storms to theft and vandalism, unexpected damage to your property can really disrupt your life, and end up costing a fortune.

RIAS buildings insurance is designed to protect you from the cost of repairs or rebuilding should your home be damaged by an insured event.

What does RIAS buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance from RIAS covers the following as standard: 

  • The structure of your property
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Greenhouses and outbuildings
  • Garden walls and gates
  • Drives and patios 

Furniture and other possessions are covered by the RIAS contents insurance policy.


What events does RIAS buildings insurance cover?

Among the events covered by the policy are: 

  • Lightning, explosions and earthquakes
  • Fire and smoke
  • Impact from vehicles
  • Falling trees, lampposts, aerials and telegraph poles
  • Storms and floods
  • Water or oil leakage
  • Subsidence
  • Theft or attempted theft


Are there any optional extras?

We provide a range of optional extras for your RIAS buildings insurance to ensure you can enjoy some additional cover tailored towards your individual needs. Among the options available are:

  • Home protection - Includes 24hr assistance for issues such as drainage and plumbing problems, pest infestations, electrical failures and as much as £250 for emergency overnight accommodation. There is no excess to pay and there is up to £500 available for labour, parts and a call to a trusted contractor. This can also be extended to include your heating system with Home Protection Plus.
  • Garden secure - Added protection up to £750 for your garden including damage to walls, gates, fences and patios. It will cover loss due to theft, storms, floods, fires, wild animals, malicious damage and falling trees or masonry.
  • Personal legal protection - Negotiations can be carried out on your behalf for contract disputes, personal injury and death disputes
  • Key protection - Up to £1,500 for lost or stolen home, vehicle or office keys including lock and key replacements and the cost of onward transportation if your car keys are lost.
  • Personal Accident cover - This cover will provide you with a maximum sum of £30,000 per incident, if an insured person suffers accidental bodily injury that results in their: Death, loss of sight in both eyes, loss of limb or limbs, loss of speech or loss of hearing in both ears. Subject to policy limits and exclusions. To add Personal Accident cover to your policy, call 0800 561 0711.

Terms and conditions apply. Full details can be found in the policy documentation.


Find out more

If you’d like to know more about the RIAS buildings insurance policy, check out our FAQs and policy documentation. You can also read more about home insurance and contents insurance. 


*Household claims service, provided by Ageas Insurance Limited, has been awarded ServiceMark accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service.