RIAS the specialist over 50s insurance provider supports Drive Fit and appreciates the importance driving can play in maintaining independence safely.
Find out more about RIAS at rias.co.uk
DRIVE FIT CHECKLIST
Fit to drive?
- Eye sight – make sure your eyesight is in tip top condition for driving.
- Mobility – think about your reflexes, can you react to changing situations?
- Hearing – can you hear as well as see what is going on around you?
- Memory – can you remember how to deal with all of the situations on the road?
- Confidence – do you feel confident and in control on the road?
IN YOUR OPINION
Would you lose your independence if you stopped driving?
Many people rely on their car for many parts of their life, for some older drivers their car means continued total independence. What would it mean to you to lose the ability to drive.
Share your views #drivefit
Feel like they would lose their independence if they stopped driving.